- Create custom taxonomies with admin-set names and slugs for posts, pages, or link
- Define whether or not to accept hierarchies, descriptions, multiple selections, and/or tag-style entry
- Manage each taxonomy’s terms in a full AJAX-interface
- Assign terms to posts, pages, and links just as you would with categories and tags
- Add widgets for your taxonomies into your site
- Edit taxonomy settings
You should check out the new versions as soon they are released .
I have recently discovered that in WordPress 2.7 if you install the “Custom-Taxonomies” plugin this is disabling the simple way to add or remove the tags for a post .